: Oct 30, 2020
As previously mentioned, we are moving forward with the MAT and Halloween this year on Friday, October 30th. Our hope is to be outdoors “moving” on this day in either divisional or current cohorts. In the case of rain, students will “move” in their own rooms and we will join together as a school through TEAMs. Students are invited to wear a costume or dress in orange and black on this day. A reminder please that costume masks are not allowed, however we invite children to be creative with the current masks they wear in class. Parents have asked if they can watch the outdoors Move-a-thon from a social distance. My response at this time is “no please.” However, I will broadcast either through TEAMs or Instagram for you to view from home or work.
In terms of the Move-a-Thon donations, please note the following:
-we will not use pledge forms this year;
-there will be individual class challenges; our school challenge is tba;
-you will be asked to donate directly through our website;
-Donors do not have to register for school cash online in order to make a donation-anyone is able to donate. Encourage your family members to donate, and
-The process for everyone is below and as indicated in the picture as well:
1. Visit our website at https://ihom.hwcdsb.ca
2. Click on the “Donate Now” tab;
3. Select amount of donation (or enter “other amount”);
4. Select IHM as the “fund destination” in the drop down menu;
5. Enter “Move-a-thon” and “Child’s Name and Teacher” in the “Message” section, and
6. Click “Add to Cart” and enter info. You will receive a receipt by email. If a parent submits a donation(s) on behalf of other sponsors, that parent will receive a donation receipt. The board is not able to issue receipts to sponsors unless they donate online themselves.
A $100 gift card will be awarded to the top 3 money earners in the school. Online learners are included in the chance to win these prizes as well. Good luck! All money raised will be used to purchase technology to support learning from K-Gr. 8.